Nieuw-Vennep, 7 April 2020 – Safety products company Trip & Co has recently developed a solution that will enable airlines using passenger cabins for air cargo transportation to increase safety, efficiency and ease.
The worldwide air travel ban as a result of the corona pandemic has significantly reduced the number of passenger flights and threatened to produce a shortage of air cargo capacity.
Cargo flights doubled
Usually, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol averages 35 cargo flights per day. This number has doubled since the crisis began, which can be seen as a worldwide trend. An increasing number of airlines are now using their passenger aircraft for cargo flights, loading their passenger cabins with cargo, including on passenger seats. Some airlines have even removed seats to convert their passenger cabins into a large cargo holds.
Since 2019, Trip & Co has been developing a solution for cargo transportation in passenger aircraft cabins: the Air Cargo Seat Bag and Cargo Seat Net. It has reached the market in the middle of the corona pandemic. Together, Bag and Net fixate, stabilize, secure and protect cargo and crew during flight.
Tijmen Koster, CEO of Trip & Co: “There is no need to remove passenger seats, allowing for less conversion time before an aircraft can operate in its new role. Also, there is hardly any conversion once restoring operation as a passenger aircraft. In addition, there is no need to source used and/or wrong-sized materials such as not-fitting cardboard boxes, stretched straps et cetera.”
Air Cargo seat Bag and Net specifications
- Capacity of 80 kg per seat (up to 320 kg per seat row)
- Cargo seat bag available in single-seat, triple-seat or four-seat
- Release with Certificate of Conformity
- Standard fire-retardant or CLASS D FR+
- ETSO C172 straps incorporated in the design
- Easy installation
- Watertight and chemical-resistant
- Unaffected by extreme temperatures or UV
- Abrasion-, puncture-, and tear-resistant
- Easy to store, maintain, clean and repair
- Weight 4 kg per Air Cargo Seat Bagseat
- Closure overlap/velcro